We’re Blue Mantis. We bring together awesome technology and strong design, to create innovative solutions that make our customer's lives better.
We’re a friendly, can-do bunch, who go all out for our customers. Our passionate team is insatiably curious, open, and tenacious. We dig down into our customer's challenges and solve them in innovative, original ways. Our approach is vision focussed. We look for long term outcomes, not short-term solutions.
Our continued growth means we’re on the lookout for a talented Senior PHP Developer to join our team. Someone who’s ready to make their mark and take us onto the next stage of our journey.
What you'll do
- Provide slick technical development using a range of technologies for our clients' software, websites, and digital campaigns.
- You will also be solving problems of all shapes and sizes with custom web-application development while being involved in the full end to end development life cycle.
- A desire to lead a team and bridge any potential gap between the leadership team and the development team upon business expansion.
- Continue to personally develop yourself as well as develop those around you in your team
- Have an understanding of commercially sound and viable business practices within small/medium-sized digital agencies.
- Collaborate with AMs / PMs on multiple projects.
How You'll Do It
- Be energetic, positive, and passionate about what you do
- Be confident in your development processes, and comfortable leading and working alongside other developers
- By working accurately to designs and functional specs
- Being an open communicator
- You won’t get phased by challenges as you'll use your initiative to manage multiple tasks, overcome problems, and find solutions.
- Be a great listener, able to quickly grasp client requirements, and understand their feedback.
- Have exceptional time management skills and pay excellent attention to detail.
Skills & Expertise
Most of the skills we'd love you to possess and have experience in, although not all are essential
- Experience with modern MVC frameworks (e.g Laravel / Craft CMS), Ecommerce Frameworks (e.g. Magento, OpenCart, Craft Commerce)
- Knowledge of platform and systems architecture (AWS, Linux, code delivery, etc)
- Experience of working with third-party services via API integrations
- Experience with large scale websites and applications
- Good communication and mentoring skills
What You'll Get
We get the basics right. We offer competitive salaries with regular reviews and a company pension scheme. We also offer flexible working hours and a Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
A great culture. We work together to create and enjoy a fantastic working environment. Our team tells us Blue Mantis is a great place to work, with regular team meals, a brand- new office, and a great atmosphere. Our people grow with us and we are always looking for your feedback to make things even better.
Room to grow. We’re a fast-growing company, where there are no limits. We want our people to grow with us, which is why we offer ongoing opportunities to develop within the business and achieve your goals. For our Director’s this includes share options, following a probationary period.
High calibre work. We’re incredibly proud of the standard of our output. We produce sector-leading websites and applications, and our clients love what we do, and our client satisfaction is high.
Be part of something bigger. At Blue Mantis, you’re not just a faceless number. Every team member contributes to our success, which is why we involve you in the business, sharing our strategy, direction, and financial progress.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Part-Remote
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000.00 / year